As 2012 comes to an end, the Studio G office is taking a moment to reflect on the past, as well as look forward and think about what we hope to accomplish in the coming year. Here is a sampling of our very own ‘design resolutions’:
– Work on more visionary projects that embody our focus on building sustainable communities
– Read one architecture or design book per month
– Take more risks
– Design elegant details
– Learn to upholster and repair vintage furniture
– Reconnect with old colleagues
– Design and construct a skirt guard for my bike
– Bring at least one great synthesizing idea to each project
– Color more
– Attend more lectures or design-related events
– Keep my desk at work and at home organized
– Travel… to experience great architecture and urbanism
– Design and learn to screen print t-shirts
– Volunteer more of my time to creative endeavors with local youth
– Start gardening
– Recapture the joy of hand sketching
– Sew skirts, dresses and pillow covers
– Become more involved in my community
– Dream….and play more
Have a great idea? Send us your design resolutions, too!
Reblogged this on revabourgasser and commented:
What are your design resolutions for the New Year?
Thanks for reblogging! Happy New Year!