Studio G Principal Tamar Warburg presented the new Excel Academy Charter High School at the USGBC Green Building Showcase, highlighting the project’s many green design features:
· Transit-Oriented: Adjacent to T stop, bus depot and bike paths.
· Resilience: First floor is raised 12” anticipating revised FEMA flood plain maps.
· Building Envelope: R-values exceed Stretch Code, with triple-glazed windows.
· Lighting: All-LED fixtures, with daylight and occupancy sensors.
· Rooftop PPV: with a Power Purchase Agreement
Studio G continues to demonstrate that even with modest budgets for non-profit charter schools, we can design a high-performing, sustainable and delightful design.
Photos by Greg Premru Photography